Are you a good candidate for LASIK? Whether or not you are a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery is not actually a simple yes or no question. There are many considerations that must be factored into determining if you should undergo LASIK.
Many people are good candidates for LASIK. To determine if you should consider LASIK, ask yourself the following questions:
Do I work in a profession that does not allow its employees to undergo LASIK? This is not an issue with most professions, but there are a select few that do not allow their personnel to undergo elective corrective vision surgery.
Does my vision prescription change frequently? One of the requirements of LASIK surgery is that your prescription has remained stable for at least a year prior to your surgery. In other words, for best results, your prescription must be stable for at least 12 months prior to undergoing LASIK.
Am I in good health overall? If you are currently battling certain illnesses, it is not recommended that you undergo LASIK. Your eye surgeon wants you to be able to heal properly from the surgery, and some illnesses either prohibit or delay the healing process.
How old am I? As a general rule, LASIK patients should be over the age of 18. This is due to the fact that individuals under the age of 18 typically have vision that is not sufficiently stable. While there is no age limit for LASIK, older individuals must be free of certain eye conditions in order to qualify for the procedure.
Am I a Candidate? After answering the above questions, you are encouraged to complete our online questionnaire. The results of the questionnaire will help the doctor's at ReVision determine if you are initially a good candidate for LASIK. The decision on whether or not to undergo LASIK is complex and should not be made in without careful consideration. Not only is it essential that you are a good candidate, but equally important is the physician and facility you choose to administer the surgery.
Our online questionnaire asks the following questions:
- Do you have trouble seeing far away or up close?
- How interested are you in being able to play sports without glasses and contacts?
- What is your age?
- Are you interested in seeing well up close (reading) without glasses?
- Do you wear contact lenses or glasses?
- Would your career or business activities improve if you were to become less dependent on glasses and contacts
- Over 98% of LASIK patients see 20/40 or better after surgery. The results of LASIK laser vision correction have been tremendous for literally millions of people. Despite the amazing safety and results of this procedure there are associated risks. Are you willing to discuss these risks with our LASIK coordinator?
- What kept you from having LASIK in the past?
Our office provides the most advanced LASIK technology available. We want your LASIK procedure to be successful and to provide you with the glasses-free and/or contact lens-free vision you've always wanted. Please contact ReVision today to schedule your initial consultation.