D. James Schumer, M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
“Over the last 25 years as an Ophthalmologist, I have had the privilege of improving our Patients’ quality of life through better vision. I have the best job in the world.”
As Founder and Medical Director of ReVision LASIK and Cataract Surgery Center Dr. Schumer has been a trusted and respected Surgeon for over 25 years. At the forefront of cataract, LASIK and vision correction surgery, he has participated in over 30 FDA studies. Dr. Schumer is a global teacher, trainer and lecturer in his specialty. His passion for Ophthalmology and Patient care is evident in every encounter.
- M.D. from Medical College of Ohio
- Additional research experience at National Institute of Health in Washington D.C.
- Residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan
- Cornea and Refractive Surgery Fellowship at Hunkeler Eye in Kansas City, Kansas
Dr. Schumer in the News
- Girl About Columbus
2019: 10 Things to Know: LASIK Eye Surgery - Local Columbus Blogger chronicles her husband's journey to clear vision with LASIK performed at ReVision.
- Columbus CEO Magazine
2019: Milestones - ReVision enjoys 20 years of success
- HealthScene Ohio
2018: Patient sees the difference cataract surgery can make
- Buckeye Lifestyle Magazine
2018: Business spotlight
- Cataract & Refractive Today Magazine
2018: Boutique practice reinforces its high tech reputation and designs a unique patient flow for the VICTUS femtosecond laser
2016: Local doctor using revolutionary technology